A healthy and fit staff is more productive and happier. Build a fitness area in your shop where employees can gather to workout. Base on the space available, determine if you have room for just a treadmill, or for a full blown gym.
Ideas to make the most of your fitness area:
- Provide lockers for storage
- Provide showers so people can prepare for their day after their workout
- Provide a variety of equipment to meet the needs of all levels
- Hang instructional posters
- Paint the room a bright color to stimulate activity
- Provide a means to play music
- Consider bringing in a yoga instructor for weekly classes
- Have mats or carpeted areas for stretching
If you do not have the space, here’s an alternative: Provide a monetary incentive for employees to join a gym of fitness center in the area.
Looking for more inspiration and ideas:
- Contact Nexstar member, Aquarius Water Conditioning! They have a great fitness area for their staff!
- Learn more about the benefits of fitness and nutrition from the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition
- Check out WebMD’s Health and Fitness Guide